Prepare To Save More: The Paid-In-Full Insurance Discount
For many people, paying up front for a six-month or annual insurance policy can be difficult because of the outlay of cash. However, paying for your auto insurance in full can help reduce your premium significantly and give you low car insurance that you’ll really love. A paid-in-full discount is offered by many insurers for those who can manage to pay their premium this way.
If you can come up with the cash to pay in full, it’s well worth doing. If you’re trying to get insurance, be sure you ask any company you get car insurance quotes from about a discount for paying in full, to see how much you’re really saving.
Here are some simple strategies you can use in order to prepare for paying your next auto policy in full:
• Set up a separate savings account. You can get low cost car insurance more easily when you pay in full, and setting a specific amount of money aside in a separate account each time you get paid can help you have enough for the premium – and the paid-in-full discount. You’ll be less tempted to spend it if it’s not in your normal checking account.
• Skip that morning latte. If you normally stop for a cup of coffee, a bagel, a doughnut, or something else on your way to work, have something to eat or drink at home and skip buying breakfast out. The little bit you save each day can really add up – and you can use that accumulating money to get low cost car insurance by paying your premium in full. If you normally go out to lunch, you can use this same strategy by packing a lunch from home. It’s much less expensive in the long run.
• Cut back on cable, cell phone, or Internet – or simply create a budget that you can really stick to and that allows you to save money each month toward paying your car insurance premium. It’s not always easy, but there are a lot of little ways that people can cut down on their spending. Getting low car insurance rates by paying in full is part of that.
In addition to paying your policy in full, there are other ways to save more on your auto insurance. Follow these tips to see more savings:
• Consider switching insurance companies. If your current company doesn’t offer a paid-in-full discount, you might want to get some insurance quotes from other places. Getting car insurance quotes doesn’t put you under any obligation, and you might find a great deal on low cost car insurance that you weren’t even expecting. It’s easier to save money if you know you’re going to be rewarded for doing so.
• Avoid tickets and accidents. You can’t control what other drivers do, but you can drive within the speed limit, remain alert, stay home if the weather is very bad, and do other small things that show your insurance company you’re responsible. People who have clean driving records often get low cost car insurance through their current company and can be offered low car insurance rates through other companies if they go looking for insurance quotes.
• If you’re moving, consider where you’re going to be living, and pick a safe area. When you live in a high-crime neighborhood and/or park your vehicle on the street, your low cost car insurance can disappear.
By following these simple strategies, you’ll have a much better chance of seeing the lowest car insurance rates you can get, based on your age and other factors. You’ve got better things to spend your money on than over-priced car insurance, so don’t waste any time – by starting to make simple changes today, you can save big money in the future.
Other Articles of Interest: